atom feed4 messages in org.apache.felix.devRe: Commons FileUpload 1.2.1 & OSGi
FromSent OnAttachments
Niall PembertonJan 15, 2008 3:07 pm
Felix MeschbergerJan 15, 2008 11:47 pm
Carsten ZiegelerJan 16, 2008 12:09 am
Niall PembertonJan 16, 2008 2:33 am
Subject:Re: Commons FileUpload 1.2.1 & OSGi
From:Felix Meschberger (fmes@gmail.com)
Date:Jan 15, 2008 11:47:00 pm
List:org.apache.felix.dev

Hi Niall,

To me the manifest looks good, except perhaps for the import of the javax.portlet package: I fear, not all servlet containers have this package, so it might be a good idea to either import it dynamically or optional:

Dynamic import:

<DynamicImport-Package>javax.portlet</DynamicImport-Package>

Optional import:

<Import-Package> ..., javax.portlet;resolution:=optional, ... </Import-Package>

The advantage of the dynamic resolution is that, it may get automatically resolved as soon as the javax.portlet package gets available and will be required the first time. The optional import will only be tried to be resolved at bundle resolution time and will not be retried unless the bundle is resolved again.

WDYT ?

Thanks and Regards Felix